Surprise

From: John W. Burgeson (johnburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 12:39:13 EST

    Dick Fischer wrote: "But if God can be "surprised" by future events, then
    "those He foreknew were predestined" is a hard verse to reconcile with
    that point of view."

    Why?

    One is not irreconcilable with the other at all, Dick.

    I know that someday I will die. Along the way to that event I am all too
    often surprised by events.

    God knows I am of the elect. (I'm Presbyterian, BTW, one of the "frozen
    chosen."). Yet he MAY (note the absence of a strong claim here) be
    surprised at some of the goofs I make along the way, goofs performed
    because I am not a robot. Hopefully, he may well be surprised at some of
    the better stuff I do too!
     < G >
           Burgy

    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!