Re: TIME BEFORE TIME

From: John W. Burgeson (johnburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 12:28:41 EST

    Dave wrote: " Let me suggest an analogy, though it distorts the reality
    of the deity. In Abbott's noted book, the Spacelander could see
    everything that went on in Flatland and Lineland"

    FLATLAND has been one of my favorites ever since high school -- over 50
    years ago. I understand your analogy.

    But I don't see it answering the question.

    Understand I make no strong claim here. I do not claim, as the book
    BESIDE STILL WATERS does, that God is anything less than all-everything.
    I do claim, however, that considering that he is something less than that
    is not unreasonable. A commitment to that consideration I am not making.
    Unlike the author of BESIDE STILL WATERS, I think that is not justified.

           Burgy