RE: Blood clotting and IC'ness?

From: Nelson Alonso (nalonso@megatribe.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 12:59:00 EDT

    > Nelson:
    > An irreducibly complex systems can only be built simultaneously. Thus
    > physical precursors are eliminated as the designer. It can not be built
    > gradually , step by step.

    Howard:
    So, ID (which, presumably, is implied by the presence of IC) is not really
    about "design" but about the manner in which something is "built" or
    assembled?

    Nelson:
    Well one of the ways design is evident is in how something is built or
    assembled. If I see a group of rocks that form a sequence specific pattern
    which says "Welcome to the Rockies" I eliminate natural pathways and make a
    design inference. But what I was talking about above was how Irreducibly
    Complex systems eliminate natural processes as a cause and offers
    intelligent design as a plausible alternative.

    Howard:
    I take it that you agree, then, that ID Theory (as it is promoted by
    Johnson, Behe, Dembski, et al) would be more accurately named NONA Theory
    (non-natural assembly theory)?

    Nelson:
    Why would I?