Re: Blood clotting and IC'ness?

From: Ralph Krumdieck (ralphkru@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 14:15:08 EDT

    > > Nelson:
    > > An irreducibly complex systems can only be built simultaneously. Thus
    > > physical precursors are eliminated as the designer. It can not be built
    > > gradually , step by step.
    >
    >So, ID (which, presumably, is implied by the presence of IC) is not really
    >about "design" but about the manner in which something is "built" or
    >assembled?

     From an earlier post by Nelson:

    FMA:
    Indeed, that ID can exclude a natural designer has been merely asserted.

    Nelson:
    It is not an assertion. If I give you all the parts of the flagellum, you
    cannot build it step by step through functional precursors.

    If you mean actually, physically, build it--no, I couldn't do that. But
    it is even more beyond me, or any one else, I think, to build it
    simultaneously, as you say an IC system *must* be built. If, as you
    say, natural pathways to IC systems are not possible, then are we
    beginning to zero in on your concept of what or who the Intelligent
    Designer must be? 1.non-natural 2.more intelligent (and/or capable)
    than us.

    ralph