RE: Blood clotting and IC'ness?

From: Nelson Alonso (nalonso@megatribe.com)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 12:37:15 EDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: evolution-owner@lists.calvin.edu
    [mailto:evolution-owner@lists.calvin.edu]On Behalf Of FMAJ1019@aol.com
    Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 12:11 PM
    To: nalonso@megatribe.com; evolution@calvin.edu
    Subject: Re: Blood clotting and IC'ness?

    In a message dated 9/12/2000 8:28:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    nalonso@megatribe.com writes:

    << Nelson:
    The clotting cascade requires TPA and it's activator among many other parts
    to function. None of the above addresses anything about the parts that make
    the clotting cascade irreducibly complex.

    FMA:
    Perhaps you could identify the parts of the blood clotting cascade that are
    essential parts and what parts are not? Before we spend our time and effort
    on showing what is not necessarily IC, we should perhaps focus on what
    exactly is claimed to be IC.

    Nelson:
    Lets work with those parts that I mentioned. Do you know how the clotting
    system works?

    FMA:
    Since pathways have been identified through which IC systems can arise
    naturally, do you still think that IC systems are a reliable detector of
    design?

    Nelson:
    Since you have not shown any pathways to any IC systems I still think that
    IC systems are a reliable detector of design.

    FMA:
    If you believe that IC is still a reliable detector of design, can you show
    how it can exclude a natural pathway as a designer?

    Nelson:
    As I illustrated with the Dawkins discussion of the 91 membranes, it
    succesfully eliminates natural selection.