Re: WWYD - What Would You Do to make evolution work??

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 03:38:40 EDT

    Bertvan:
    I prefer to leave the question of whether or not life evolved naturally in
    the same category as the nature of the designer or what caused the big
    bang.

    These are very different questions. We can always have faith in a designer
    but the Big Bang and evolution are quite open to scientific inquiry.

    BV: Some people have criticized God for his numerous "imperfections". We've

    discovered astonishing designs in nature, but the first sign of perfection
    would have stopped evolution in its tracks. (no room for growth.) It had
    be a plan that continually moves toward perfection without actually
    reaching
    it. Death and extinction were also necessary additions to allow growth.

    Cool so evolution is God's mechanism?

    So far I notice that you have many ideas about what happened and I appreciate
    that you do not try to support them in science. Indeed, in faith we can find
    our God.