Re: What Would You Do to make evolution work?? (*Again*)

From: Ralph Krumdieck (ralphkru@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 18:59:51 EDT

    > >For ID theorists who claim that God *could* have created a situation which
    > >would then go on to evolve sophisticated life on its own (i.e., without any
    > >further intervention on God's part):
    >
    >Hi Chris
    >The universe might well have been created without need for further
    >intervention (by god or anything else.) However, I can't even imagine a
    >world in which chance might play an important role in creating complex,
    >rational systems.
    >
    >Bertvan

    I find it interesting that the following relationship is true:

    1 cubed = 1 squared
    1 cubed + 2 cubed = (1 + 2) squared i.e. 9=9
    1 cubed + 2 cubed + 3 cubed = (1+2+3) squared i.e. 36=36

    Anyone who wants to carry this out farther will find that it
    continues in this vein. Now many people would (and do)
    see design in this. They regard this as the mathematical
    equivalent of Paley's watch. Numerology is very popular.

    But we have a pretty complete picture of the history of
    mathematics. It was not designed so that this pattern,
    and others like it, would work out. These patterns are
    in there by chance. The number system was not
    designed with them in mind.
    ralph