Re: Examples of natural selection generating CSI

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 00:12:33 EDT

    In a message dated 9/18/2000 5:51:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    pnelson2@ix.netcom.com writes:

    << Do you have any examples of natural selection
    actually generating CSI?

    I think that Wesley has identified the issue quite clearly:

    "Also, we can point out that Dembski considers natural selection to simply be
    an element of the set of evolutionary algorithms
    (<http://inia.cls.org/~welsberr/ae/dembski_wa/19990913_explaining_csi.html>)."

    So if evolutionary algorithms can generate apparant CSI that is
    indistinguishable from actual CSI then there is a problem. Wesley's
    algorithm room shows this:

    http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=532248147

    So perhaps we should wait for Dembski to clarify the issues before we
    conclude that natural selection cannot generate CSI?

    Another interesting example of an evolutionary algorithm generating IMHO CSI
    can be found at http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/adrian96silicon.html

    the argument that this is CSI can be found at
    http://x76.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=549964239