Re: CSI and algorithms:

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 23:55:25 EDT

    In a message dated 9/18/2000 9:46:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    nalonso@megatribe.com writes:

    << http://inia.cls.org/~welsberr/zgists/wre/papers/antiec.html

    Nelson:
    This is a computation, nothing here is mentioned nor pointed out in nature
    that can produce CSI, this also requires forethought and algorithms.Nothing
    in nature is held up as "exhibit A".

    See Wesley's response to why it is important to show that algorithms can
    create CSI.

    " Also, we can point out that Dembski considers natural selection to simply
    be an element ofthe set of evolutionary algorithms (<http://inia.cls.org/~wels
    berr/ae/dembski_wa/19990913_explaining_csi.html>).
    "

    So if algorithms can be shown to create CSI then Dembski has a problem. I
    understand that Dembski has been working on addressing this issue. So far it
    seems quite clear that it is hard to differentiate between CSI and apparant
    CSI. Wesley provided us with another one of his brilliant arguments when he
    proposed the
    "algorithm room".

    http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=532248147

    Also see http://inia.cls.org/~welsberr/ae/dembski_wa.html for more excellent
    articles.

    It would be interesting to hear Dembski respond to these arguments.