CSI and algorithms:

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 01:13:49 EDT

    In a message dated 9/14/2000 11:04:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    nalonso@megatribe.com writes:

    << Chris:
    But, further, as I showed in the rest of the post, random processes will,
    given time enough and a cumulative process such as I describe, *do*
    generate every *possible* string of information of a given length. This is
    not open to serious question, because it is too trivial to refute.

    Nelson:
    The key thing to ask is can natural processes produce CSI. Can natural
    selection/random mutation produce CSI from scratch. That is something
    evolution cannot do. Evolution works with things that are already lying
    around.

    That's of course an unsupported assertion. That evolution cannot lead to CSI.
    As Wesley Elsberry has shown this is an erroneous assertion.

    http://www3.cls.org/~welsberr/evobio/evc/ae/dembski_wa/19990913_csi_and_ec.htm

    http://inia.cls.org/~welsberr/zgists/wre/papers/antiec.html

    http://inia.cls.org/~welsberr/evobio/evc/argresp/design.html

    http://inia.cls.org/~welsberr/evobio/evc/argresp/design/rev_tdi.html