Re: filter

From: Susan Brassfield Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 12:35:23 EDT

    Bertvan:

    >I don't mind someone saying the same thing over and over each day. Or even a
    >couple of times a day. Most of us have one idea that is important to us.
    >However, several dozen times a day with the same idea is a bit much. Some
    >of you have spoken of putting filters on certain posters. How does one do
    >that?

    It *does* get wearisome after a while, doesn't it? I don't think it
    violates the charter of the list if you delete certain posts unread. I
    don't like to filter, but I often highlight all the posts in a particular
    thread that no longer interests me and delete them without opening them.
    Eudora 5 allows filtering but AOL's e-mail software is so primative I bet
    it doesn't. You'll probably have to call tech support.

    Susan

    The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our
    actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depend on it. Only
    morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life.
    --Albert Einstein

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/