Re: prima facie design hypothesis

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 12:02:10 EDT

    In a message dated 9/15/2000 8:52:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    nalonso@megatribe.com writes:

    << IC is based on the presumption that such systems require design rather than
    on
    showing that such systems could not arise naturally. Does this mean that
    there are not instances in which we can infer design quite reliably? Sure
    but
    ICness does not seem to be one of them. After all if we know that IC systems
    can arise naturally and can arise through design then we need to be able to
    distinguish between them.
    IC does not provide us with such tools.

    Nelson:
    The only problem is IC systems cannot arise naturally.

    An unsupported and disproven assertion. Perhaps that is the presumption by
    Behe but he also admits that indirect routes might exist. So even Behe admits
    that IC system could arise naturally therefor IC itself is not necessarily a
    reliable indicator of design. Furthermore it has been shown, as I have
    addressed in my previous references, that IC systems can arise naturally.
    Behe objects to such pathways but that's irrelevant to the thesis that "IC
    systems cannot arise naturally". Behe has to show that such pathways can be
    excluded.