Re: We heard you

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 11:52:43 EDT

    In a message dated 9/14/2000 11:25:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    nalonso@megatribe.com writes:

    << Nelson:
    I wrote about this before in my one of my first responses to Susan. I used
    the design principle of one molecular motor, the F-ATPase, to predict the
    mechanics of another unrelated another, the cytoskeleton.ID is indeed
    extremely useful.

    Two problems here: The design principle was used to design the molecular
    motor but such has been happening all the time. People design things from
    pre-existing examples through adaptation. Intelligent design however has a
    somewhat different meaning than the one used by you. ID suggests that they
    can show that something is designed from just looking at the structure. Has
    ID been able to show that F-ATPase was designed? So far I would say no so ID
    merely has been used to take an existing design and adapt it. If that is what
    ID is all about then we have been practicing this for quite a while.