Teleology

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 12:24:51 EDT

    Teleology was a part of science until Darwin. Some pretty impressive
    discoveries were made under an assumption of teleology. Then Darwin said, "I
    can explain nature without teleology." It was a pretty good explanation for
    its time. However science has made discoveries about the complexity of the
    cell and the genome, which cause many of us to doubt lack of teleology. And
    science made these discoveries in spite of a "no teleology" assumption.

    If anyone believes the creation stories proposed by various religions, I
    wouldn't argue. If anyone believes the creation stories proposed by Darwin,
    I wouldn't ague. However those creation stories no long appear plausible to
    some of us. Darwinists express fear that science will be damaged by an
    assumption of design. Fear not. Science will continue as it has in the
    past, with or without an assumption of design.

    Bertvan
    http://members.aol.com/bertvan