Re: Piecemeal genetic differences as support for macroevolution

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 16:11:18 EDT

    >>Bertvan: What puzzles me is this emotional opposition to anyone
    >>even considering ID. ID supporters acknowledge RM&NS as
    >>a legitimate theory -- supported by evidence. Some of them
    >> even believe it played a part in evolution.

    FMAJ
    >Does that mean that science should accept ID just because ID
    >accepts some of science? Of course not. As long as ID remains
    >a faith issue like in your case, I have no problems with ID but ID
    > is not just a faith issue anymore. ID'ers are trying to introduce ID
    >into the science curriculum.

    Bertvan:
    "Science" doesn't reject or accept anything. Individual scientists do.

    Indeed, please share your knowledge with SEJONES since he seems confused
    about Darwinism in this aspect.

    Bertvan: Whether you accept or reject design in nature should be entirely
    up to you.

    Yep, unless of course you use it to get it introduced into science curriculum
    then it becomes an issue that is not entirely up to you anymore.

    Bertvan: The more you try to keep it out of the classroom, the more
    interest it will
    arouse. Therefore I support all attempts to suppress it.

    Interest will die when the people realize that ID is not living up to its
    claims. But the fact that something is controversial does not mean that it
    should be discussed in the classroom. Certainly not in a science curriculum.
    I hope you are not seriously making the suggestion that one should teach ID
    just because it is controversial and unproven as a science or that one should
    not attempt to 'suppress' it because of these reasons?

    That would allow any pseudo-scientific claim into our science curriculum.