Re: I've also read Spetner's book

mortongr@flash.net
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:53:48 +0000

At 08:11 PM 09/18/1999 -0400, Tim Ikeda wrote:
\In other parts of the book he mentions that selection can add information
>("but no more than one bit", he claims) but never develops it further.
>He barely touches on Shannon. He discusses nothing that relates genomic
>sequences to selection.

Tim, I would suggest that the 1 bit claim is due to his 1964 article which
I cretiqued on 9/16. I took a stab tonight to show that my estimate could
be way off and evolution still work to create working molecules.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm