Re: Dembski's "Explaining Specified Complexity"

Susan B (susan-brassfield@ou.edu)
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 21:36:58 -0500 (CDT)

Kevin wrote:

>When it comes to God and Christianity, I see faith as a rock whereas I see a
>reliance upon evidence as sand. What can be proven by evidence can also be
>disproven by evidence (like building a house on sand), but what is based on
>faith is everlasting (like building a house on rock).

I can see why you would say that. Science, built upon evidence, is always
shifting and changing (like sand, I suppose). Religion does evolve but most
people think it's not supposed to. That's the difference between science and
religion. As new evidence is discovered science must change. Religion must
ignore any new evidence and remain static--as static as a rock. Though rocks
do weather way.

A bit of a testimonial for you to consider :-)

Susan
--------
Peace is not the absence of conflict--it is the presence of justice.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.
Please visit my website:
http://www.telepath.com/susanb