RE: Ken Ham vs Genie Scott

mortongr@flash.net
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:33:04 +0000

At 12:22 PM 09/13/1999 -0700, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:
>At 07:45 AM 09/13/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>>Of course Ham is not going to make a case for "scientific" creationism.
>
>Ham...what is he doing? He's a good preacher. He is not a scientist.
>Unless I miss my bet it will be slaughter on 5th Ave. What was he
thinking???

He doesn't need to defend science to reach the audience he is aiming for.
The audience he is aiming for doesn't know science either and thus all he
has to do is defend the Bible. I predict that Genie will make here usual
claim that lots of ministers believe in evolution (supposedly proving that
religion and evolution are compatible). I also predict that whe will
somewhere say something about religion and science are two separate areas
of knowledge. That will play right into Ken's hand with those he is trying
to reach. I would ask, "What is Genie thinking???" when she uses the types
of arguments I have heard her use in the past.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm