RE: abiogenesis was a mystery. Now it's not such a big mystery (was Reply to Bruce Alberts)

Pim van Meurs (entheta@eskimo.com)
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 10:02:17 -0700

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999 22:30:04 -0500 (CDT), Susan B wrote:

[...]

SB>Behe is trying to convince his audience that there is no scientific basis
>for such a remark. There is, of course. That's why the statement was made.
>Fourty years ago abiogenesis was a mystery. Now it's not such a big mystery.

SJ: This is an *amazing* statement. I wonder what Susan *would* count as "a big mystery"?

Behe's untenable insistance that IC is evidence of design?

SJ: It highlights Phil Johnson's observation that for Darwinists "evidence is not
really necessary". The problem is already solved in the definitions:

Well, dear Phil hardly should be taken to seriously.
So Stephen, why are you ignoring the reality that science has learned lots about abiogenesis?