RE: The Nature of Atheist - Christian dialogue

From: Debbie Mann (deborahjmann@insightbb.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 19:40:03 EDT

    You're still making broad statements. And you keep going back to the same
    single point without directly answering any of the questions we answer. So
    maybe we didn't pay close enough attention to your verse.

    The verse is Genesis 3:19.

    1.Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that that one verse is blatantly
    false.
    Why would that negate the rest of Genesis, let alone the whole Bible?

    2.Let's consider the way we would say it today. I think it would end, for
    molecules you were and to molecules you shall return. A little obscure for
    the times, don't you think?

    And personally, I believe that that is exactly the point.

    Allegorically, or literally- whichever - God is saying, "Man, you aren't
    great like I am. I was going to do everything for you, but since you
    couldn't accept my gift, you get to work hard and then have your body
    decay - while I am infinite. You should have picked your friends better."