Re: Paraconformities

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 13:29:41 EDT

    Unfortunately when I went down the Grand Canyon in August 2000 I did not have time to look at the junction of the Devonian and Cambrian. This was because I left the rim at 7.50 and wanted to get back out by 6, so I could only cursorily look at the strata. It was also rather hot with temperatures of 110 or so, I was taking it gently.
    Davis Young dealt with this years ago and I suggest you put it on the ACG site where you will find geologists to give a good answer based on both field study and on the literature.

    Meanwhile enjoy your victory and enjoy your porkpies as well

    Michael