Re: Paraconformities

From: Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 22:53:31 EDT

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:29:41 +0100 "Michael Roberts"
    <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk> writes:

    Unfortunately when I went down the Grand Canyon in August 2000 I did not
    have time to look at the junction of the Devonian and Cambrian. This was
    because I left the rim at 7.50 and wanted to get back out by 6, so I
    could only cursorily look at the strata.

    I've only been to the rim of the GC, so neither of us has actually seen
    the contacts.

    Davis Young dealt with this years ago

    At the suggestion of Howard, I dealt with Davis Young's treatment (I
    assume you saw it, but if not it's in the archives). To say someone
    "dealt with X years ago" really isn't a very good rebuttal.

    and I suggest you put it on the ACG site where you will find geologists
    to give a good answer based on both field study and on the literature.

    Most of those folks have a low level of tolerance for YEC, and I hate to
    irritate them, but I guess this time I can blame it on you. :-)

    Meanwhile enjoy your victory and enjoy your porkpies as well

    I'm savoring every minute of each. CU on the ACG.

    Bill

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!