Re: fine tuning

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@chartermi.net)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 11:46:20 EDT

    From: "Debbie Mann" <deborahjmann@insightbb.com>

    > ... There is also the biological argument from the web page. Robert Shapiro
    > has several books touting the same thing. The simplest life that we know
    > requires a complex series of events each of which should take millenia to
    > occur. However, several of them must occur within the same sphere in a
    > period of a couple of months. And, they each have different biological
    > requirements in order to evolve. That first strand of DNA, or even RNA, is a
    > mighty big task.

    I'm not sure what your intended point is here, but what you say does help to
    illustrate the point I made in my earlier post regarding the inconsistency
    of ID's strategies in cosmology and biology.

    Cosmology: The PRESENCE of cosmological fine-tuning is declared to be
    evidence for ID.

    Biology: The LACK of biological fine-tuning is declared to be evidence for
    ID.

    Howard Van Till