Woodmarappe attacks Morton

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 15:57:51 EST

    Having recently rapped Glenn overhis knuckles on his history I have just received the following from Trueorigin Update;

    ** JOHN WOODMORAPPE ANSWERS GLENN R. MORTON **
    ..concerning Morton's persistent misuse of Woodmorappe's list of
    discrepant isotopic dates.

        http://www.trueorigin.org/ca_jw_02.asp

    This is Glenn'scriticism's of Woodmarappes 1979 paper;
    [1] My article, "Radiometric Geochronology Reappraised", originally published in the September 1979 issue of the Creation Research Society Quarterly, has since been reprinted in my book, Studies in Flood Geology.

    Itis typical Woodmacrapppe special pleading, but Glenn is essentially correct.

    2 decades ago I went through Woodmorappe's (not even his real name) and started to check out his 700 anomalous dates to see whether he was fair to cite them. After checking some 100 dates and finding not one which was not misrepresentation I decided that my sample of 100 misquotes was a statistically valid sample to say the Woodmarcrappe's work was worthless and invalid. Some of the dates he misquoted were by my own tutor at Oxford, Dr R StJ Lambert (later Prof at Edmonton) who along with Norman Snelling (no relative) and Prof Stephen Moorbath FRS gave me such a good grounding in radiometric age-dating.
    Now of cource YECs will ask me document every one and I dont have time to do so. Anyway it would not convince invincible ignorance.

    Just thought you would all like to know that on these things Glenn does good work and could do without the misrepresentation and character assasination Woodmarappe meetes out.

    Just an olive branch delivered personally to me, which has been proved to be the one the dove gave to Noah on the ark.

    Michael