Re: The Pentateuch dissected and revised

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 17:39:38 EST

    Good point Terry. Nowhere in the Pentateuch does it say who or when the
    final version was written. A priori I cannot rule out a 5th cent final
    editing but tend to about 1000BC. However I do think it a wee bit unlikely
    that Moses wrote Deut 34 though I do know what Mark Twain would have said.

    It is 30 years since my OT lecturer took the mick out of JEPD and he wasnt
    even a conservative!!

    I do think more people could do with a better understanding of when the OT
    books may have been written and how to interpret the variouskinds of
    literature therein.

    I dont think Job 41 describes Hadrosaurs wiith inflammable gases coming out
    of their nostrils. Job 41 vs19-20. That type of view shows a lower view of
    scripture than the most sceptical atheist.

    Regards

    Michael