Re: How Einstein and Hammond proved God exists

From: psiigii (psiigii@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 03:21:31 EDT

    Thank you, James! God did not create mathematics, nor did He create physics.
    God created matter. "Physics" is just man's feeble attempt to grasp the true
    essence of the matter God created. Mathematics is just the language man uses
    in these attempts. As man's insights into the true nature of "material world" grows,
    the mathematical "language" we employ to conceptualize/formalize our insights--
    which, BTW, may still not be the true essence--has evolved to this end. In the
    end, however, physics is still man's attempt to understand, and mathematics is
    still just man's language to verbalize our understanding (again, not necessarily
    being the truth). Both are man's creations, not God's.

    Howard Meyer

    (BTW, George, I read your response to James before writing this...)