Re: Paley and Pascal

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 20:55:32 EDT

    David Campbell wrote:

    > Natural theology that integrates attacks on conventional scientific views
    > appeals to pride and snobbery: "I know more about science than all those
    > Ph.D.'s"

    At the same time, I have a feeling that the shallow
    and curt remarks made by naturalist a-theologians
    reek of the same sin of pride and snobbery:
    particularly those who castigate philosophers (who
    in effect _developed_ their precious algorithm of
    epistemology). Unfortunately, I cannot think of any
    _prominent_ Christians have set a clearly *better*
    example, so we (Christians) have clearly fallen short
    of obedience to the Word.

    It seems real philosophy is even harder to grasp and
    integrate than even a scientific enterprise as complex
    and diverse as biology.

    By Grace we proceed,
    Wayne

    We have been given two ears and but a single mouth,
    in order that we may hear more and talk less.
    --- Zeno of Citium.