Re: On Pi and E

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 19:34:15 EDT

    Vernon Jenkins wrote:

    > However, I do not
    > doubt the potency of the numerics in making the unregenerate sinner more
    > amenable to the work of the Holy Spirit; but I suspect the message is
    > also for those believers who, perhaps unwittingly, are completely
    > confused about the Gospel, and about what the Bible really says! To know
    > that God is, and to know that he is so capable, should help to restore a
    > healthy fear of him, and belief in what he says.

    It seems to me that most of the OT and NT point out how little people
    believe despite even witnessing miracles. Even granting that we can
    take this numerology as a genuine act of God, rather than chance or
    human engineering, I don't see how that would change anything in that
    regard. Not once did numeric claims even so much as move a single
    iota of my soul to believe anything about scripture as a non-Christian.

    At least realize that Muslims do this all the time with the prime
    numbers and all that stuff. Does that mean I should become a
    Muslim? I don't see what criteria I am supposed to use to reject
    Muslim numerology that doesn't apply equally to Christian
    numerology. It wouldn't surprise me if Buddhists can claim
    the same things, although I haven't asked. At most, this is
    perhaps a way for a believer to appreciate the Bible.

    it is only by Grace we proceed,
    Wayne