Re: Watershed

From: PHSEELY@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 17:41:31 EDT

    In a message dated 07/04/2001 2:38:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time, PHSEELY
    writes:

    << In a message dated 07/02/2001 2:15:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    vernon.jenkins@virgin.net writes:

     << It seems to me that your 'stunningly impressive suggestion' of a name
      having the value 616 cannot, of itself, lead the rational and unbiased
      mind to voice the considered opinion that the verse was necessarily of
      divine origin. >>

     I am not sure what the "rational and unbiased mind" is, or even if one
    exists. but let me try the same question with a different text:

     In Psa 22:3 (4 Hebrew), David speaks of being saved "from my enemies." This
    phrase is spelled waw, mem, nun, and a second word aleph, yod, beth, yod. In
    I Sam 22:1 ff is the same Psalm, but in v. 4, this phrase is represented by
    one word, so the nun is missing. One is the inspired original, the other is a
    scribal change. So now the queston is: If a clever person by various
    mathematical processes found a pattern of some kind (whether to do with pi,
    e, triangles or whatever) which was stunningly impressive, but it was based
    upon the scribal change rather than the inspired original, would that pattern
    show that this Bible verse was of divine origin----even though it was not
    based on the original letters inspired by God?

     Sincerely,

     Paul