TIME BEFORE TIME

From: John W. Burgeson (johnburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 17:44:03 EST

    Dave wrote: " The price for a changing deity is abandonment of
    omniscience,
    a deity which can be surprised by events, one which may not be able to
    keep things from going to smash."

    Why does positing a God who fits the above bother some people so much?

    Seems to me that God WAS surprised a number of times as events unfolded
    as described in the Old Testament.

    If I am unable to "surprise" God (by doing something bizarre, for
    instance), then I must conclude I am without free will and hence a robot
    made of meat.

    I think not.

           Burgy

    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!