Re: Baptism: Immersion or Sprinkling?

From: PHSEELY@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 16:59:08 EST

    In a message dated 01/26/2000 5:09:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
    dfischer@mnsinc.com writes:

    << One Sunday, the minister was giving a sermon on baptism and in the course
     of his sermon he was illustrating the fact that baptism could take place by
     sprinkling and not by immersion. >>

    It reminds me of an occasion here in Portland where a couple in an
    interdenominational church wanted their baby baptized, but most of the
    congregation was Baptist. So before baptizing the infant the pastor gave an
    "explanation" as to why infant baptism was OK. To which one of the Baptists
    leaned over to me and said, "I guess what he is going to do is wishy-washy
    the baby."

    Paul S.