Ruse's recantation?

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 14:22:25 EDT

    Much has been made of Ruse "giving away the store"

    http://leaderu.com/real/ri9404/ruse.html

    But did he?

    http://listserv.omni-list.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind99&L=metaviews&P=R25291

    "My own feelings are quite otherwise. I do not think evolution is simply
    secular religion. I think it is a wonderful, wonderful theory, and I shall be
    telling you why. But unless we who love science are prepared to be as critical
    as are our enemies about our science, then in the end we are no better than
    they. Popper may not always have been right about science, but he was right
    that one must always be prepared to put to the test the most cherished and
    dearly held of thoughts and beliefs. The day we cease to do that will be a sad
    day for both science and religion."