What Would You Do to make evolution work?? (*Again*)

From: Chris Cogan (ccogan@telepath.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 14:39:19 EDT

    For ID theorists who claim that God *could* have created a situation which
    would then go on to evolve sophisticated life on its own (i.e., without any
    further intervention on God's part):

            How would early Earth have to have been *different* in order for
            naturalistic evolution to occur and produce the same general
            kinds of results we see today (i.e., a wide range of complexity
            and diversity, etc.)?

    Or put another way:

            Just what *are* the conditions that must be met for naturalistic
            evolution to proceed on its own to develop the kinds of complexity
            we see in life today?

    If you can intelligently answer this question, we may be able to determine
    more precisely why you think naturalistic evolution won't work (other than
    that it disagrees with your theology, I mean).

    Also, in forcing yourself to really think through this question, you may
    come to a deeper understanding of the idea of naturalistic evolution.
    Wouldn't *that* be good?