Re: A THIRD OF U.S. SCHOOLS DON'T TEACH EVOLUTION

From: Chris Cogan (ccogan@telepath.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 01:07:56 EDT

    At 06:10 PM 09/25/2000, you wrote:
    > --CNN.COM: A THIRD OF U.S. SCHOOLS DON'T TEACH EVOLUTION
    >I've been making this point for years. Creationists, and that includes
    >IDists, can hold as much sway as they do because so very few people
    >actually know what evolution *is*.]

    Technically, ID does not imply creationism, but there are *very* few who
    are not creationists in a general way, and these *are* the ones who are
    mainly behind the attempts at inflicting ID theory on children as science.

    I would also point out that nearly all schools that *do* teach evolution do
    so very poorly and inadequately, thus compounding the problem.