"Apparent" Trap

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 09:47:04 EDT

    Ralph:
    >Agnostic: One who believes that there can be no proof of the
    >existence of God but does not deny the possibility that God
    >exists. The American Heritage Dictionary, 3rd Ed.

    >Bertvan, does your definition of agnostic differ significantly
    >from this? If so, how? And why will "more and more" agnostics
    >be speaking out for a design inference? I don't understand
    >why you think a design inference is more attractive to agnostics
    >than the Darwinian model.

    Bertvan
    Hi Ralph, to the definition, I would only add that most agnostics don't
    believe questions about God are answerable. As to my belief that many
    agnostics will support the design inference, more and more of those on the ID
    discussion board are agnostics. Supporters of ID rarely bring up religion;
    their critics do constantly. Agnostics are less bound by creeds, materialist
    or otherwise, so are free to acknowledge that life obviously looks designed.
    They don't feel compelled struggle to dream up some rational that allows them
    to conclude that design is an illusion.

    Bertvan
    http://members.aol.com/bertvan