Re: Question to FMAJ

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 23:00:45 EDT

    In a message dated 9/12/2000 10:16:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu writes:

    << Bertvan:

    >You not only don't believe in design; you are offended that anyone else
    >believe it. Right? As an ID supporter I might agree that naturalistic
    >explanations might be possible. The question is, which are the most likely
    >explanations? Do you allow any difference of opinion there?

    FMAJ doesn't have the power to allow or disallow any opinion. I think what
    you are really saying is "disagree and then shut up."

    The tone set by Bertvan is somewhat disappointing. But it might be hard to
    hear people raise valid arguments against ID. But if Bertvan accepts ID and
    design on faith then there should be no conflict.

    << The most likely explanations are not to your taste >>

    Indeed, I am addressing the use and abuse of ID in science.