Re: ID vs.?

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 15:09:00 EDT

    >> CH>But, that is my belief based upon faith with
    >> no scientific data to support it.

    >SJ: It is a tautology to speak of a "belief based upon faith".
    > If Cliff has a "belief" it must be based on *evidence*.

    There are two kind of "knowing," physical and metaphysical. Physical
    knowing is based on physical evidence and doesn't require faith.
    Metaphysical knowing is based of faith and/or belief, the words being
    approx equivalent.

    The NT Bible says the same thing. Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is the
    substance of things hoped for, evidence of things not seen," KJB. In
    other words, a metaphysical form of knowing. "Things not seen" must mean
    "not detectable through physical means" and NOT "things sub-microscopic
    and/or super-telescopic."

    Jesus, himself, implied, "Sometimes stuff happens," billwald
    transliteration, see
    Luke 13:4.

    billwald@juno.com
    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!