Re: Piecemeal genetic differences as support for macroevolution, etc.

From: Richard Wein (rwein@lineone.net)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 10:02:40 EDT

    Brian, let me add one more thing, which should help clarify the issue.

    Is flipping a coin a random process, or not? By Chaitin's definition of
    randomness, we can't say. We can only say whether a particular sequence of
    coin tosses had a more or less random result. I don't think this idea
    corresponds to most people's understanding of the word "random".

    I suggest that a much better name for Chaitin's concept would be
    "unpatterned", instead of "random".

    Richard Wein (Tich)