RE: teaching evolution in Wisconsin

Susan B (susan-brassfield@ou.edu)
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:18:40 -0500 (CDT)

Glenn wrote:
>I thought I might mention the views of my former boss who was an atheist.
>He and I had several excellent discussions of the creation/evolution
>controversy. His view was that he wanted design, creationism and all ideas
>taught in school. Why? He felt that if evolution were taught alongside
>creationism and design the weakness of design and creationism would become
>obvious and no one would remain as a creationist.

:-) I've frequently heard views like that expressed on talk.origins. It's
the general consensus that if all the evidence for creationism was presented
it would take up about an hour or so (How long does it take to read Genesis
I and II?) and then you'd be free to present the evidence for evolution for
the rest of the year.

Susan
--------
Peace is not the absence of conflict--it is the presence of justice.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.
Please visit my website:
http://www.telepath.com/susanb