RE: teaching evolution in Wisconsin

grmorton@argolink.net
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:41:36 +0000

At 01:37 PM 09/27/1999 -0500, Steve Clark wrote:

>Nevertheless, it is interesting, and I daresay, novel, to present the
>viewpoints of Paley and the creationists in a science classroom.

I thought I might mention the views of my former boss who was an atheist.
He and I had several excellent discussions of the creation/evolution
controversy. His view was that he wanted design, creationism and all ideas
taught in school. Why? He felt that if evolution were taught alongside
creationism and design the weakness of design and creationism would become
obvious and no one would remain as a creationist.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm