Re: Wexler - Johnson comparisons

Susan Brassfield (susan-brassfield@ou.edu)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:48:27 -0600

MikeBGene wrote:
>Johnson's passion for his ID views might
>catalyze a discovery if he hooks up with someone with the necessary
>technical skills. Put simply, Johnson might inspire some young ID
>scientist who might make a discovery as the result is being so
>inspired. His contribution would be indirect, but no less real.
>
>Of course, this parallel all hinges on an actual discovery being made.

I sincerely doubt Johnson cares about doing something like you describe
above. A discovery of supernatural intervention (which is what ID is) would
be really interesting indeed! I'd be interested in a young scientist (or an
old one) constructing a test that would filter supernatural (ID) events
from those caused by natural forces. Even if the test never discovered
anything, the actual existence of such a test would certainly give some
underpinnings to Johnson's rhetoric which currently rests on wishful
thinking.

:-)

Susan

"Life itself is the proper binge."