Experts Worry

Bertvan@aol.com
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:26:16 EDT

Brian wrote:
>>As offensive as this sounds, it is nonetheless true that you really do not
>>know or understand this issue as much as you claim to. My best advice
>>would thus be: READ THE SCIENTIFIC LITERATURE!

Bertvan:
It is as offensive as it sounds, and seems typical among those people
zealously
Defending Neo Darwinism. I'd like to think real scientists, those who have
more to do than defend the present dogma, are less ruled by their
"certainties", and are at work looking for reasonable alternatives.

Cliff wrote:
>I'm expressing doubts and suggesting alternatives to what I've read,
>alternatives
>which I don't see in the literature. It's not so much what I claim I know,
it's
>what I
>claim we don't know.

Bertvan:
All the Kansas education board did was refuse to insist that school children
be told that macro evolution is merely an accumulation of micro evolution.
They even left the question open-those teachers who do believe macro
evolution is merely an accumulation of micro evolution are still free to
teach that as "fact". For this the Kansas education board is accused of an
ignorant "anti-science campaign".

Bertvan