Re: Plumbing new depths (was if Stan really did intend to help, then I thank him for it ...)

Stephen E. Jones (sejones@iinet.net.au)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 06:29:37 +0800

Reflectorites

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:40:25 +0000, mortongr@flash.net wrote:

GM>For the record, that was not a diagnosis. I just wanted to know if the
>word meant anything to you. As an example, a diagnosis would be to say you
>are megalomaniacal. But of course I know that isn't true and I am not
>qualified to diagnose that syndrome.

First a bit of context which Glenn, not surprisingly, omitted. Glenn had written
four questions:

1. >GM>Why is it that you seem to think that you are sole the judge of everyone
>>else's motives etcs.

and

2. >GM>"What makes you think that he [Stan] is required to support you?"

and

3. >GM>"Does the world revolve around you?"

and

4. >GM>"Does the word megalomania mean anything to you?"

A reasonable person could conclude from this sequence of four questions that
Glenn is trying to build up a case that I was suffering from "megalomania",
a psychiatric disorder.

That is why I responded:

SJ>Glenn here plumbs new depths. I decline to join Glenn in his private gutter!
>
>I advise Glenn to think *very carefully* before he gets any further into
>introducing psychiatric diagnoses of his opponents into this debate.

But Glenn still continues:

GM>But I was and still am curious if the word meant anything to you.

And I repeat that there is no reason why Glenn would want to know if I
knew what the word "megalomania" meant, except that he is trying to imply that
I suffer from it.

Glenn continues to plumb new depths, but I refuse to retaliate in kind. He
can remain in his private gutter without the pleasure of my company!

Stephen E. (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ Email: sejones@iinet.net.au
3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Web: http://www.iinet.net.au/~sejones
Warwick 6024 -> *_,--\_/ Phone: +61 8 9448 7439
Perth, Western Australia v "Test everything." (1 Thess. 5:21)