Re: Fw: RE: Re: Fast gravity--calling David Bowman (long)

Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:08:40 -0600

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:17:26 -0400 (EDT) David Bowman
<dbowman@tiger.georgetowncollege.edu> writes:

>I do ask that in the future you first *ask first* before bringing in
>other nonsubscribers to comment on a post of someone who was merely
asked
>for their opinion about some topic.

Thank you for your kind and forgiving spirit. Now that I have
transgressed, though, what is your preference from here? Would you like
to get Tom's response, perhaps after you had time (if you do have time)
to post a thoughtful response to his post?

>I should mention here (after doing some more reflecting on my weak
>memory) that it is possible that I may have falsely accused Bill of
>making this sort of thing a "habit". So Bill, I, too, apologize if it
is not, in fact, a
>"habit" with you for saying so.

Well, I don't think I have posted enough to establish any "habits," but
that's really not the point. I was wrong and offer no excuses. To help
clarify where I was coming from, when I post my ideas of coal formation,
I am seeking hostile comments to sort out my blind spots and incorrect
assumptions or conclusions I may be operating under. Glenn Morton, Keith
Miller, and James Mchaffy come to mind as having greatly helped me to
sort through some ideas. As for the rest of you, I apologize for boring
you to tears; just keep one finger on the delete key!

God bless,

Bill