RE: This is bizarre

Pim van Meurs (entheta@eskimo.com)
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 12:31:03 -0700

Of course the idea that there is a crisis is hardly evidence of such. And even a crisis in the explanation does not make the fact of evolution go away now does it?

----------
From: Arthur V. Chadwick[SMTP:chadwicka@swau.edu]
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 1999 11:57 AM
To: evolution@calvin.edu
Subject: Re: This is bizarre

At 10:17 AM 08/28/1999 +0000, Glenn wrote:

>Art, I must disagree with you here. We are not teaching evolution as
>DArwin taught it. It has been changed from that view to neodarwinism, to
>punc eq. So we have not stood still over the past 130 years.

Hi, Glenn. There are today among biologists those who teach strict
darwinism, neodarwiniism, and Punc Ek. So evolution has not stood still.
But neither do Darwinists agree with neodarwinists or with punc ekers.
Likewise for the other groups. So where 130 years ago there was one
theory, today there are many. Is this progress? Yes. Is it progress in
the right direction? Yes. Because a wrong theory in crisis has a chance
to come to a better understanding of the world faster than one that is
focused on only one mechanism.
Art
http://geology.swau.edu