Re: Popper's recantation

Susan Brassfield (susan-brassfield@ou.edu)
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:55:33 -0600

Arthur Chadwick wrote:

>Don't forget this part of the quote when you add it to your files:
>
>The theory of natural selection may be so formulated that
>it is far from tautological. In this case it is not only testable, but it
>turns out to be not strictly universally true.

:-) Since it has already been proven that drift has a significant part in
evolution, in addition to natural selection, why delete this remark? It
would certainly be pointless. In addition to that, I have been so annoyed
over the years by creationist selective quoting (like Stephens, remember?
that's why this recantation was posted) I'm usually pretty darn careful not
to do it myself.

Susan

"Life itself is the proper binge."
--Julia Child