Re: Wall Street Journal: The Church of Darwin By Phillip E. Johnson

Marcio Pie (pie@bu.edu)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:47:49 -0400 (EDT)

I was very skeptical when I began to read this article, but I must admit
that Phil Johnson has raised a very pertinent point. Modern scientific
method "assumes" that all factors influencing the results are
naturalistic-materialistic and then uses the results of their analyses to
corroborate those assumptions. It looks circular to me, but I would like
to know more opinions about that.

Also, if we *assume* that God influenced directly evolutionary processes,
can modern scientific method detect that influence?