Re: Four-flushing (was Re: arrrgh!)

Rick Strickert (laystrickrg@crf.cuis.edu)
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 18:24:49 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Ed Brayton wrote:

> I still think it has more to do with the amount of scatalogical material
> being dumped on the list by Joseph, and the subsequent difficulty in
> getting it to stop stinking up the place.

She hung her silk petticoat on a closet hook, and went on,
"Dr. Westlake is so gentle and scholarly----"

"Well, I don't know as I'd say he was such a whale of a scholar. I've
always had a suspicion he did a good deal of four-flushing about
that. He likes to have people think he keeps up his French and Greek
and Lord knows what all; and he's always got an old Dago book lying
around the sitting-room, but I've got a hunch he reads detective
stories 'bout like the rest of us.

Rick Strickert
Austin, TX
laystrickrg@crf.cuis.edu