RE: Glenn wrote:

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swau.edu)
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:36:14 -0700

At 02:07 PM 10/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Greetings Art:
>
>My apologies, but that's not what I meant. Please describe how genes can
be a vehicle of communication between God and man, even though genes are
not part of the physical nature of God. Please explain how man can be a
physical image of God if God is not a human being.

My apologies. God "communicates" information on development, function and
behavior to his creatures through the genome. That was metaphor.

I am sure you could easily answer your own quesion, but since you have
posed it to me, I will give you my read. If you have difficulty
understanding how an image can look like the reality, you have never
watched the idiot box. Here an image is produced by an electron gun
exciting dots of phosphor on the inside of an evacuated glass tube. It
looks like a real human being and too often acts like one, but it is not
the reality (and in fact there is very little reality in it!) But
somewhere at sometime there was a reality behind the image, and the reality
was responsible for the image. The model of DNA that sits on my desk is an
image of real DNA. etc. All of these are imperfect examples of what God
said He had done in making man. In reality, neither of us knows exactly
what the statement means, since off the top, neither of us knows anything
about the physical reality of God, other than that He is the One that
defines physical reality. That's why we can discuss it.
Art
http://biology.swau.edu