Re: Earth Rotation and the Flood

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swau.edu)
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:18:00 -0700

At 09:03 AM 10/12/98 -0400, you wrote:

> Allen Archer, one of the authors of the "Geology" paper that Art gave as a
>reference for the tidal rhythmite interpretation of the Mansfield Formation,
>graciously provided a very quick reply to my e-mail inquiry about Art's
>interpretation of his fossil. It's posted below in its entirety and I think
>makes a good case for the traditional interpretation of these rocks as being
>tidal rhythmites and Art's fossil isn't all that significant.

Well, now, if you asked someone who spent their professional career
studying tidal rhythmites whether they were really tidal rhythmites, what
kind of an answer would you expect to get? Are you surprised if he thinks
they are tidal rhythmites, and that my challenge is not all that
significant? I am challenging that interpretation, based on some evidence,
including vertical stigmarian roots that pass through many layers. The
fact that there are apparent tidal cycles is not in dispute from here. I am
suggesting on the basis of the fossil data that there must be some other
interpretation of the data. That is a challenge that I or someone else
who is interested should pursue. The data are not all in.
Art
http://biology.swau.edu